Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Joy of Cooking book has gone missing.Does anybody have the recipe for pasta with alfredo sauce?

I know it has at least one egg yoke and ham or bacon.My Joy of Cooking book has gone missing.Does anybody have the recipe for pasta with alfredo sauce?
Fettucine Alfredo


Recipe #663265 ratings


This is a modified version of the Fettucine Alfredo recipe in the new Joy of Cooking. It's very rich and I highly recommend using the best ingredients you can get.











2-3 servings 20 min 15 min prep


Change to: servings US Metric


8-10 ounces pasta (the kind in the refrigerator section of the store is best since it cooks much faster, in about 3 min)


3/4 cup half-and-half


3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded (NOT the dry Kraft kind!)


1 clove garlic, minced very fine


1/4 cup butter


fresh-grated black pepper


salt








Boil water for pasta.


In a large frying pan (a steep-sided wok is ideal) melt butter on very low heat.


Start cooking pasta.


In frying pan, combine half and half, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper with melted butter.


Mix thoroughly and turn the heat up to medium (just hot enough to begin melting cheese).


Pasta should be nearly done by now; drain and pour into frying pan with sauce ingredients.


Toss together and serve immediately.My Joy of Cooking book has gone missing.Does anybody have the recipe for pasta with alfredo sauce?
Thanks you voters, you guys are awesome. Report Abuse

I've tried the joy of cooking recipe, but I prefer the recipe from copykat.com for Olive Garden's Alfredo better.
Oh my God! What a disaster, run to your book store for a replacement copy. I don't know how much you are making so I'll just give you the ingredients. Alfredo sauce - butter, egg yolk, heavy cream and parmesan cheese. There is no meat in a classic Alfredo sauce.
basic alfredo sauce couldn't be any easier...





Bring Heavy Whipping Cream to a boil, melt in parmesan cheese, simmer, stir, cool and serve. About 1 cup parm per 1 qt. of heavy whipping cream is a good ratio.





Now, beyond that, everyone likes to do their own thing. Personally, I like to add butter and flour to thicken up the sauce even more. And, I always add italian sausage as well (par-cooked, sliced thin...). But, tahts just me. There are literally dozens of variations... I think the best thing to do is experiment with flavors you enjoy, and see what strikes your interest suggestions include adding:





Pesto Sauce


Sauteed peppers and onions


garlic and peppers


half tomato/half alfredo


blended cheeses.





Also note, parmesan cheese is extremely high in salt content, so you don't need to further salt alfredo sauce while mixing in your cheeses...
Joy of cooking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment