Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's the best way of cooking your baby's meal? And recipe book?

My daughter is now almost 9 months old and she's having proper food (instead of horrible jarred). yesterday she had cod fillet and fresh tomatoes and it was easy to cook. But what if I want to cook a slice of beef? I will then cut it in very small pieces and serve it with carrots and sweet corn but I'm not sure. You can't really steam beef, can you?


Also I recently bought Annabel Karmel recipe book. Is it really safe to cook baby food using butter? She seems to use butter a lot in her recipes...is this right?What's the best way of cooking your baby's meal? And recipe book?
If she's eating regular table food, then offer her regular table food. Cook meals for yourself, cut up a portion for baby, and put it on her tray.





(Or, if you are making something for yourself that is completely inappopriate, either offer her whatever parts of the meal ARE appropriate (she doesn't need complete balanced meal at every sitting), or make up something simple for her (yogurt, a handful of cheese, crackers, etc.). Except for honey, if she can gum it up, she can eat it.





Butter is fine. Oil is fine. Spices are fine. (And yes, you can steam beef, but I can't see any real reason to do so.) What's the best way of cooking your baby's meal? And recipe book?
Check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com and www.wholesometoddlerfood.com. Both have a lot of great finger food tips and recipes. And they are FREE! Can't beat that.





I had each of my kids on ';regular'; table food by 9 months. I just separate out their portion prior to adding spices. This got them used to my cooking early on while also saving tons of money over ready-prepared jar foods.
Her book is fab!! Yes, they need the fats in whole milk, cheese, etc etc so no harm done (watch out for the salt in butter though) I used to liquidise a lot of meaty meals - leave a few bits for her to get used to the texture, but its easier to eat for her pureed.

No comments:

Post a Comment