Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why Is It When I Cook Nothing Ever Turns Out As Nice Looking As The Picture In The Recipe Book?

Ugh Charli I have the same problem.





I tried making this salisbury steak recipe I found. It's basically a meatloaf recipe but you shape the meat mixture into hamburger patties. Well when I tried to flip my patties they all fell apart!! I got so mad that I just broke them all apart so it was just cooked ground meat in a cream of mushroom sauce. I will tell you, it looked like CRAP but it tasted SOOOO GOOD! When I make it now, I just skip that patti part and I call it my ';Meatloaf Mess';.








Oh, %26amp; I was violated TWICE yesterday....I'm pretty PO'd....Why Is It When I Cook Nothing Ever Turns Out As Nice Looking As The Picture In The Recipe Book?
They have food stylists, that's actually what they're called. I just got done watching a competition between food stylists on the food network. So don't worry, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are, your dishes are never going to look as good as theirs look. By the time they're done making the food look good for photograghy, it's inedible.Why Is It When I Cook Nothing Ever Turns Out As Nice Looking As The Picture In The Recipe Book?
Every recipe books that have pictures on them look so fresh and delicious because after the photographer takes those pictures,they make the picture bright which means they use photoshop,but the recipe says the same thing you add as the ingredients.Don't worry about why your food don't look as good as the ones shown in the recipe books,I'm sure the taste is more important than the look!
They use paid ';food designers'; to set up the photos. Did you know that the photos of cereal on the boxes and in the commercials are set up using Elmer's glue to look like the milk? They will go through heads and heads of lettuce to find that one perfect looking leaf to use as a garnish or to stick out of the side of a sandwich in a photo. The ice cream you see in many ads is really Crisco dyed with food coloring. The real ice cream would not last long enough under the hot lighting.
Many years ago, before digital I did some food photography. Some dishwashing liquid in the coco to give it that white frosty look. Took a soldering iron to sear in those grill marks. The list is endless, but there was no way you could eat the food. In the old days, a photo shoot of real ice cream under hot lights didn't work, we used mashed potatoes. I wouldn't worry about it, some of the best food (dinners/street food) looks a mess but taste great.
All food pictures are being styled. You can check out how some of the lovely food pictures comes about below





http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=102996%26amp;catId=100406%26amp;tid=100008%26amp;p=1%26amp;title=Food+styling
Its all fake.


It never works for me either apart from a time I made mint cupcakes -they looked identical to the picture in the book but they took me ages to make.
cause the the people who click the photo use photoshop afterwards..


or possibly could be that the cook is much more talented and clever and a bIG cheater...:)
they have to make it look like that to sell a product. its called advertizing silly. keep doing what youre doing and if people eat it it looks great!!!!!!!
lol I have the same problem! But what's worse is mine don't taste like it's supposed to either!???

No comments:

Post a Comment